Saturday, June 4, 2011

Is it Wrong? I'm Thankful and "When" does "SOMEWHERE ELSE" become HOME?


I believe Dorothy was right all along, plus I like the red shoes and the wand.
  The wand is kinda nifty!
This little blog is quite probably NOT the place to ask this question, so I'll write it, wait a day and IF I still feel the same way, you'll know. . . .the day has passed and I've posted it.  Here goes, and I'll try to be as discreet as I can while noting that the underlying fact somewhere in all this is "I'm Thankful".  Maybe, I should start out that way.  Perhaps that's the thing to do. . . . . .Make a list of all the things "I'm Thankful" for.

Bitsy's "I'm Thankful" for List
  1. I'm thankful for the Lil Momma and the joy she brings to my Life.
  2. I'm thankful the Webbman came into my life and is healthy and adorable and perfect and did I mention adorable?
  3. I'm thankful the Webbman came into my life and is healthy and adorable and perfect and did I mention adorable?  Oops, sorry, I said this already, huh? Well, he's just that precious!  ;)
  4. I'm thankful that Precious is "precious", a good husband, a loving individual and an extremely hard worker.
  5. I'm thankful that I don't live under an overpass on I-285 or I-85 or I-10 for that matter.
  6. I'm thankful I'm not one of those stupid birds that sit on the telephone/electrical wires that cross I-285, I-85 or I-10.  It has got to be nerve wracking up there.
  7. I'm thankful for my husband and that my husband loves me (or he does a good job making me believe he does).
  8. I'm thankful that I have a brother who I adore, a sister in law who loves not only my brother, but ME, and a godchild/niece and nephew in law who are the best they come.
  9. I'm thankful for my sister who has and "would" quite literally give ANYONE the shirt off her back, and I'm thankful that she believes in the eternal "goodness" of mankind.  (Side note:  I wish mankind was as good back to her as she is to it).
  10. I'm thankful for Big Peg.  She stands alone in the "DEDICATED" friend category through thick and thin. 
  11. I'm thankful for Judy, who stands alone in the "unquestionable" "I'm always gonna be there for you" category, along with her husband, Clarence.  She is quite certainly the ONLY person I would spend the night in a car with at Bayou Caddy.
  12. I'm thankful for my "ex" and "ex-family".  I guess that's what you would call them, even though I have a difficult time viewing them that way.
  13. I'm thankful for my nephews Cody and Cayce, and my niece n law, Amanda.
  14. I'm thankful for my sister n law and friend, Mary, and my brother n law, David.  Again, always there, no matter what.
  15. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have a chance at "Godparenting" all over again, with lil precious "Amelia Grae".  
  16. I'm thankful for Destiny and the girls. 
  17. I'm thankful for Angela Hynes (even though I don't see or talk to her often).  I know she's out there.
  18. I'm thankful for Connie Payne Lampley.  She is quite certainly a friend from another life, because I adored her from the moment I met her. 
  19. I'm thankful to have been born and raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
  20. I'm thankful to have lived and worked in Hancock County, Mississippi.
  21. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to work at Canterbury Engineering and meet Chitra, Wendy and Matt. 
  22. I'm thankful I continue to be cancer-free.
  23. I'm thankful for my dogs.
  24. I'm thankful for my friends from high school.
  25. I'm thankful for my daughter's friends from high school and college.  She is very blessed.
  26. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to see my Dad grow old and be proud of me and my choices.
  27. I'm thankful my Dad got to be a PawPaw to the Lil Momma.
  28. I'm thankful he passed away before I ASSED up.
  29. I'm thankful Carol Stevenson was my Mom.
  30. I'm thankful she passed away before I ASSED up.
  31. I'm thankful for all my friends and my husband who make me laugh.
  32. I'm thankful for second chances and people who give them.
  33. I'm thankful for Bippity Boppity Boo (my lil business passion).
I'm certain I've left something out of my "I'm Thankful" List, but it is these very things that make up this amazing list of  things "I'm Thankful" for that make me restless, make me lonely, and make it hard to live away from "home". Quite frankly, it is these "things" that make me KNOW the DIFFERENCE. 

 At what point in your life do you begin to feel like "somewhere else" is home?

I'm not certain that it's going to happen for this Bitsy.  I'm not sure that  IF you were born and raised in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi that you ever feel like "somewhere else" is "home".  On the up end, it's all the wonderful things about the Coast that make a person miss it.  It's all the good people that are lifelong neighbors and friends that make one know the difference, the difference between a "neighbor" and "somebody whose house sits on the lot next door".  I can honestly say that it's the anonymity of this huge over populated sea of humanity that makes it hard for a small town person to find their way.  I can honestly say "It's hard", but on that note "I'm Thankful".

So, in closing this totally pointless blog. . . is it wrong?

Is it wrong to have so much to be "thankful" for and still wish for HOME

No comments:

Post a Comment