Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jaron & the Long Road to Love & Bitsy Prays For You :)

This is a picture of nobody I know, but it seemed appropriate,
so after reading tonight's blog, take solace in knowing they're PRAYING for YOU.

There is nothing quite as peaceful and settling to me than the sound of rain, thunder and gusts of wind whipping around the house.  You would think being a Mississippi Gulf Coast Girl and a Multiple Hurricane veteran who sat in a skiff tied to the columns of our home in 6' of rising churning water with pine trees cracking in half, hearing the screams of neighbors on rooftops and wondering if we were going to have to "swim for it" would have made me a tad skittish of the wind, rain and tropical season, but it didn't. Maybe it was my Mother saying the Rosary in the boat as she hollered at my Dad to swim out and grab the "Family Bible" that was floating away in the churning waters or maybe it was my sister holding the dog in her arms telling our little canine family member that everything would be just fine, or maybe it was my neighbors showing up as the waters receded in their drawers for the lack of anything else to wear.  Whatever it was, bad weather soothes my soul.  I'm just loonie like that.  Sadly, my grand-dog, Gus, does not find the solace and peaceful feeling that I do in bad weather. It makes me sad to see him cringe and tremble and pace.  Just hurts my heart.  To add to the lunacy on my end, tonight I found myself sniveling over an NCIS episode, and yes I've taken my hormone medicine!  Gibbs just gets to me, and as I watched him hold his long time friend in his arms as his buddy croaked, I thought about our immortality and one thought led to another and having the thought process that I do. . . . . the bad weather, the NCIS episode and the stressed grand dog made me realize how extremely blessed I am to be watching and witnessing my only child live life as a healthy, happy, loved adult, as a happily married young woman, as an extremely effective caring nurturing Mother to my precious lil Webbman.  I'm sure you're wondering how I got from one thought to the next, but I did and I've been told that the way my mind works is a mystery, but so is life and it's pretty good, so my MIND must be too, right?  Right.... ?

I realized as I crawled in the bed tonight that I hadn't had time to blog in a few days, so here I am doing one of the things I love best . . . "talking".  I know "blogging" isn't really "talking", but somehow when I do it, I feel like I'm just "talking" to a bunch of friends.  I never really think about the fact that a great number of you don't know me from "Adam's house cat", that is IF "Adam" even had a house cat!  I reckon it depends on which "Adam" they are referring to because surely the "Adam" of "Adam and Eve fame" did not since he didn't have a house, he had a "Garden of Eden", so if it was him, the saying would go . . . "You don't know me from Adam's Garden Cat".  Anyhow, every once in awhile, I look at my blog's page view numbers and I know I don't have 7,439 friends and I know I don't know anyone in France, China, Russia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, etc., but you guys are getting to know me and I'm happy you are, as long as you aren't "bad" people.  I kinda figure anybody who reads my blog about a grandbaby and a grandma called Bitsy can't be "bad" people, right again?  I hope ya'll will all write my grandson when the good Lord decides it's my time to go and tell him how much I loved him.  I'll provide his address at a later date when I determine that you are all indeed definitively NOT "bad" people, that indeed you all have "white horses" and will undoubtedly ride in on them for my services - again "WHEN" the time comes.

I was fixing to say my nightly prayers and as I did, I kind of giggled.  I thought about a song I heard on the radio after a friend asked if I had ever paid it any attention.  I'm a big "listen to the beat" kind of person.  The song could be singing about four monkeys and their quest for World Peace and if it had a good beat, I'd be tapping my fingers on the steering wheel and patting my feet.  The song is called "I'll Pray For You".  It's a great song and while I'll admit, it's not the nicest of sentiments in prayer, but I'd be fibbing if I said the songwriter hadn't pegged a few things I just bet we'd all thought at some point in our lives.  Here's the song, followed by the lyrics for your listening and reading pleasure.
  

I haven't been to church since I don’t remember when
Things were goin’ great ‘til they fell apart again
So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
He said you can’t go hatin’ others who have done wrong to you
Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn
Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know where ever you are honey, I pray for you

I’m really glad I found my way to church
‘Cause I’m already feelin’ better and I thank God for the words
Yeah I’m goin’to take the high road
And do what the preacher told me to do
You keep messin’ up and I’ll keep prayin’ for you

I pray your tire blows out at 100 and 10
I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls
I pray all your dreams never come true
Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your car,
wherever you are honey, I pray for you.

Good Night Folks . . . . . . I have people I have to "pray" for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment