Friday, July 29, 2011

I don't know if it's Jesus, but I figure we need to hide the Roundup for awhile anyhow!

Happy Friday ya'll.

It's a gorgeous day in Atlanta, Georgia today.  The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing and well, it's hot as ever lovin' hell but all the same, we still need to count our blessings when and where we can.  On that note, earlier this morning, I sat on our back patio which faces the greens between the 8th and 9th hole of the golf course and sipped away on my iced tea.  Decidedly, a true Southern Delight and a fine end to our week.  As I sat and watched the clouds move, I remembered many years ago laying in the grass in my Mom and Dad's big wooded front yard and making animals and shapes out of the clouds.  My sister and I adored passing time that way.  I have to say, it made me smile.  It made me look forward to laying in the grass with the Webbman and gazing away at a big puffy dragon, an elephant, a giraffe, a pirate ship or maybe even an angel.  Made me smile . . . . immensely :)

Yes, maybe this is Jesus or maybe it's a water sprinkler?


There is one thing I can honestly say I never remember seeing those years ago as my sister and I configured the sky into a sea of fish or a tent of circus animals.  That one thing is a big "Jesus".  What in the name of sweet Jesus is drawing my mind to ponder "Jesus sightings"?  What spurs me to wonder why he was decidedly absent from my visions?  Well, I can't answer that, but what I can say is as I read the news this morning and came across an article about the trumpet vine/kudzu "Jesus" apparition sighted on a road in North Carolina, all I could come up with was the importance of hiding the bottle of Roundup for awhile until the jury is in. 

I mean, MAYBE? BUT, then again, Maybe NOT?

This Bitsy will be the first person to tell you, I look for guidance in anything and anywhere that the good Lord deems to send it, but I've never been one of those folks that notice a whole bunch of Jesus' in inanimate objects.  Nope, not saying it can't happen, I'm just thinking that if Jesus is going to come to me in the form of let's say "food", I don't think it's going to be in a grilled cheese sammich.  If he did, I probably wouldn't notice him because he'd be slathered pretty darn well and covered up with grape jelly.  He wouldn't really stand much of a chance BUT, with that said, apparently SOME people SEE Jesus in their grilled cheese sandwiches.

Yep, the poor thing would be smothered in grape jelly.  I never would have seen him :(

Apparently, these "Jesus" sightings are not uncommon.  The one that I was "not happy with" for some reason is the one of Jesus in the mildewed plaster board.  This particular item was sold on EBay for right at $2,000.  I don't reckon Jesus would think too much of that, do you? 


Yuck, but who knows?

If I were a different kind of person, I'd probably feel left out that my life hasn't been touched with any sort of vision.  I'm a firm believer that God can and does find his way into people's lives in many amazing ways.  For me, it all started walking up the aisle of O.L.G. church many years ago, and from that point on . . . to coin a phrase, the good man upstairs "HAD me at HELLO" :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment