Monday, April 4, 2011

Bitsy's Hubbie, Recordable Storybooks and Subdivisions in our Heart!

In this day and time, there is simply NO plausible reason for not staying in touch with the people you love. Whether they be your children, grandchildren, friends, brothers, sisters, parents, whatever. There is just simply no excuse not to find a way to stay in touch.

To quote one of my all time favorites by Marvin Gaye -

Ain't no mountain high enough . . .
Ain't no valley low enough . . . .
Ain't no river wide enough,  baby . . . . .
If you need me, call me, no matter where you are, no matter how far . . . . . .
Just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry . . . . .
Cause baby, Ain't no Mountain High Enough . . . . .
To Keep Me From Gettin' To you . . . . . .


Well, I’ll spare you the rest, but you get the story.

This long distance Bitsy’ing thing is decidedly not what I would have picked for my first Grandchild, BUT, with that said,  thanks to Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Mark Stephensen~Chairman of AT&T, Hallmark, the United Postal Service, United Parcel Service Service, and the world wide Webb J . . . . I don‘t feel left out but instead a little like, I’m on a time delay~which is the next best thing to being "there". 

Thankfully, when it comes to “actually being there”, I get that opportunity too. I count my blessings daily and must admit that this “Bitsy” has one kind understanding husband who parts with his wife for a week or so out of the month to allow her the luxury of being a hands-on grandmom. If he minds me making a trip to see the Webbman, he hides it well. He falls short of helping me pack my bags and having a farewell parade (or at least one that I know about), but other than the consistent “I miss you and I’m ready for you to come home” on about the 4th day of  his “missing in action” wife, he never complains. He even drives me to the train station or the airport, and I haven’t noticed any indication that he is pushing me out of the vehicle prematurely either. I'm certain I push my luck on occasion, but I'm also pretty certain that that husband of mine "gets it". 


In our lifetime, we all encounter many forms of love. Each one fills a distinct portion of our heart. I believe that hubby of mine knows that he occupies a pretty big portion of mine, but right next to his portion there sits the Lil Momma, Precious and the Webbman. Then somewhere in that heart, there's another portion that snuggles my brother, sister, extended family and close friends. I think experience has shown me that we are quite simply who and what we love. Love grabs hold to us and shapes us into the human beings that we are.  When a part of our heart dies before we do, it can be a devastating thing.  Unfortunately, it happens~We are guaranteed of it. We experience loss and try to readjust and shuffle around the holes that are left in our heart because of it. We all learn how to deal with the loss of parents, grandparents, spouses and those we love who God may have chosen for another purpose. We never fill the spots that they occupied, but thankfully, our hearts have room for lots of people and Grandbabies seem to come along and fit right in when and where we need them the most!

Bitsy Loves to Hear Herself Talk.
One “long distance” Bitsy'ing” tool that I have found is provided by an all time favorite .  .  .  .  . good old "Hallmark". Just when you think their products can’t get any better or any more special, they come along with the neatest thing, a recordable storybook. I’ve seen them for awhile and dabbled at the thought of purchasing one. I fought the urge thinking that it was silly and that grandchildren have adored grandparents for many years without this contraption that records their grandparents voices for that special "bedtime story" to be provided at a later date.  The jury is still out on whether the Webbman will love it as much as I do. If my Dad was alive, he would tell me I just like to hear myself talk :) and I could have kept the $20.  If nothing else, it has brought a sense of reassurance to this Bitsy that the little man would always have my voice around to remind him just how very much he is loved, and he is loved quite abit!

I have had Webb duty for the last few days and here's a snapshot from today . . . . he adores his exersaucer and Bitsy adores HIM!  Catch ya'll on the flip side :)
Bitsy, put your phone away.  I'm busy here :)

Sophie the giraffe is getting all my sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment