Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm CERTAIN I DON'T KNOW for CERTAIN :)



Well, I've had almost 36 hours of Royal Weddingmania.  As a precautionary measure, just to ensure I wouldn't miss a thing, Bitsy set two (2) channels to record on one television and two (2) channels to record in the bedroom, got up at 3:30 a.m. to watch it first hand and just deleted the last of the recordings a few minutes ago.  I quite certainly have watched all I can watch (for today anyhow).  One thing I learned in my hours upon hours of viewing is just how much I don't know~for certain.  I don't know, for certain, that William or Kate won't read this blog.  I don't know, for certain, that William or Kate, won't find it so amazingly witty and edgy that they won't feel compelled to seek me out, beg me to come live in the palace with them and document their life, and their children's lives, and their grandchildren's lives.  I don't know that this won't happen for certain.

Sometimes it's easier to think about what you don't know than what you do.

Take for example, I don't know for certain that this new little business I'm working on won't be successful and I won't find a need to find a "real job", you know another "let me suck the life and soul from a person" office job.  I don't know that, but I hope I don't have to "have the soul sucked out of me on a day-to-day basis"  see the interior of a cubicle ever again.

Take for another example, I don't know for certain that Baxter (our bathroom challenged canine child) won't decide that he has seen the error of his ways and decide he likes to use the toilet in the spare bathroom.  I don't know he won't take a fancy to the notion and be the model pet for the remainder of his and/or my born days.

Let me share a shining example of something else I don't know for certain.  I don't know for certain that I'll continue being 483 miles away from the Webbman for the rest of my born days.  I don't know for certain that I'll always bear the indescribable heartache of being 483 miles away from he and his family every day.  I don't know for certain that this Bitsy will ALWAYS be a long distance grandmom and have her heart ripped out of her chest daily at the thought of what the Webbman is doing that she is missing.  I don't know that.  I know with absolute certainty that I don't WANT this insurmountable distance to dictate my relationship with my grandbaby.  I don't know for certain that Kelly Services won't offer "Precious" and the Lil Momma a "to die for promotion, like "King of Kelly Services or Grand Poo Pah of Kelly Services" and that they won't be living back here in Atlanta next month.  I don't know that for certain.  I don't know that my hubby won't wake up tomorrow and realize that his father is 80 something, that his entire family lives 483 miles away (as does his wife's) and that he doesn't want to open a branch office for his business here in Atlanta in Hancock County, MS where we could live and/or die happily ever after.  We do not KNOW that for certain

See, now, maybe ya'll understand why it's SO important to pinpoint the things YOU don't KNOW for certain.  It's life's little uncertainties that give us hope . . . . . . . . . that's for CERTAIN.

One last thing this Bitsy DOES knows for certain is "I love this lil man beyond words".  THIS I KNOW for CERTAIN.

My Bitsy loves me, that's FOR CERTAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment